Kylie- Kylie is doing VERY well.. she is super protective of her baby brother and does not like to hear him cry. We gave him a bath and he was screaming and Kylie ran away in tears covering her ears so upset that we were making him cry :( She is very gentle with him and very motherly...she also has her moments where she is testing our patience and isn't to sure this was such a good idea...which totally breaks my heart! I have cried several times when she acts up thinking it is all my fault...that most of my attention has been on Thomas. I think its just going to take time, and special Kylie time to get things where they should be.
Daddy-I think Scott was happy to return to work, we are both very into our routine and like our normalcy... I'm sure he misses us like crazy when he is at work :) But I think we exhausted him, while he had his time off. He is a great Daddy and works so hard to support us and we appreciate everything he does...he is also awesome at swaddling. I have to have him do it, Because my attempt is pathetic
Thomas- Thomas is such a good baby...I'm not kidding when I say he sleeps 23 hours out of the day.. I have to wake him to feed him most of the time, and if I don't he wakes up at exactly 3 hours and does a little squeak...he cries when he is given a bath or having a poo poo diaper changed..other then that I don't hear a peep out of this kid. Poor guy has really bad baby acne... I feel so sad for him.. The doctor says it doesn't hurt...but it just looks so pathetic. I CANT WAIT until it goes away...Speaking of docs... we went to his first visit on Monday and he is doing great... he weighed 7lbs 7 ounces which isn't a huge weight loss..and was given a clean bill of health..Doctor also said his circumcision was one of the most perfect ones that she has seen ...which made Scott a proud Dad..( I'm weird I know)
Me- Mommy-Rae...hey there are no pictures of me :) that's OK my body has seen better days . I am doing pretty good, Its really nice to have my little buddy with me...instead of inside me.. I still cant believe how amazing it is that I carried this big guy in my belly...no wonder i was so un-comfy. For some reason the C-Section recovery is so much easier this time. I am able to do so much more with out the pain. Its great...now only if I could drive. I'm anxious to take Thomas out of the house..even if its just a trip to the Dunkin Donuts Drive thru...for some COFFEE :)
Emotionally I was a mess in the hospital...my hormones came pouring out...along with tears... Most of the time I had no idea why I was crying...and some of it had to do with Breast Feeding. I was SO INSISTENT that I wanted to successfully Brest Feed Thomas...and was hoping it would come easy...well it didn't. To make a long story short... The lactation consultant in the hospital told me he wasn't latching on correctly which would lead to poor milk production and later told me it was because he was toung tied. I'm not sure if anyone has experienced this..But I FELT TERRIBLE...I'm not sure if it made me feel like less of a women or a bad mom or what but I felt so bad. Even longer story short... We took Thomas to ENT and he is fine...and we are on the road to great Breast Feeding !!! Yay!!! I know its going to take time to make it perfect and I'm willing to do what I can.
Now I am feeling great... Swelling is down, hormones are slowly minimizing, along with my belly. And I'm ready to live this life as a family of 4 <3
3 comments:
You are making me so happy with these blog updates today!!
I'm really happy to hear that you are able to breastfeed this time and that the early worries were unfounded. I don't know why doctors/nurses always give you the worst case scenario -- it's usually just something little. Like he had never done it before and needed to keep trying! I imagine your milk has come in now and your own body is telling you when Thomas needs to eat. Weird feeling, right? :) Yet totally wonderful.
We went through the same thing with Zach when Lucas was born. He was great at first, then the jealousy set in and we worked overtime to make him feel just as special as Lucas. And at the same time I kept feeling like Lucas needed the one on one time with me that Zach had. I don't know what the right answer is, but eventually it will work out. Don't feel guilty -- this is actually good for Kylie, you gave her an instant playmate and a best friend. She just doesn't know it yet. :)
I am so glad Thomas is finally here to join our chaotic, dysfunctional, nutty group of friends. He is so adorable and Kylie is such a sweet big sister. :)
I am so happy for your and your family. I hope the breastfeeding comes along. I obviously have no experience but with the class I took and things I have read, it is hardly ever smooth sailing. It takes a lot of work to get where you want to be so hang in there! Thomas is adorable and I love seeing pics of him! Congrats again!!
Post a Comment