CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Thomas Kaeden Mullen

June 21st 11:56 am 7lbs 15 ounces and 20 inches long

Last week on Tuesday I was scheduled for a C-Section... We were told to be there at 9:30 am and the C-Section was scheduled for 11:30 am. So we did as told :) Even got there a little early...not before Scott stopped and got himself a delish NY Bagel breakfast (so not fair since I wasn't allowed to eat)
9:20 we arrive check in, sign our paper work and are brought to our room. I then put on my lovely gown.. and pretty much it was a waiting game... they put the fetal monitors on me to check babies heart etc, gave me IV...and then before you know it we were off  to the operating room.



11:20 I walk to the OR...And hop on the table..they give me my spinal..Ouch.... and lay me down. I wasn't numb for a little while so I was nervous... I then got the major shakes...it finally hit me. WOAH I'm having a baby like NOW! The shakes were a mixture of it being FREEZING cold in there, nerves and the drugs they gave me. Soon after they let Scott in, which made me feel a whole lot better! He sat by my side and held my hand and tried to just chit chat with me to keep my mind off things <3 after a while I feel lots of tugging pulling etc. and ask someone whats going on...and he replied surgery... Last time they told me step by step what was going on... this time they acted as if we were not even there and carried on a conversation.. I guess it was nice because before I knew it... OUR BABY BOY was screaming his lungs out! It was a while before I got to actually lay my eyes on him, Scott ran over and took pics while they cleaned him up etc and would run back and show me...but when I finally did see him...ahhh I was so happy to have such a perfect healthy baby boy!

Thomas Kaeden Mullen has already stolen our hearts!

2 comments:

Jody said...

(tearing up) Rae, thank you for the update! I love the photo of Thomas on the scales. He is beautiful and you guys look so happy. I can't wait to meet and snuggle him as well! xoxo and please keep the posts coming. :)

Auntie N said...

I love this picture.