CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 11, 2011

Happily Ever After....

So as I sit here, in peace and quiet for the first time all day (its 10pm) I am reflecting...(with a Beer of course)

5 years ago, if you asked me what I wanted to do with my life...I would have said, I want to get married, have kids and be a stay at home Mom. Everyone laughed at me...and said people don't do that anymore, you need to figure out what kind of career you want...etc. Well here I am, Married, 2 kids and a stay at home Mom...

I have slowly gotten here, and let me tell you it is a HARD job, Nothing like I Imagined in my 25 year old mind... I pictured...baking perfect cookies with the kids, followed by a Margarita with my Mom friends while our kids played. (ha ha)  True story is, I don't even get a shower in most days.

AND I WOULDN'T CHANGE IT FOR THE WORLD

Today Kylie was such a good helper with her brother and is so sweet to him, I cant believe how cute it is

 As I drove Thomas to his Doctors apt, and Kylie sat in the back seat singing  her favorite song on the radio, I started crying.... Happy tears...I said here I am...A Stay at Home Mom...to two BEAUTIFUL,HEALTHY KIDS!  The rest of the day was a blur, of crying, tantrums (from me and the kids) wiping butts, preparing meals, feedings,baths, etc. This is my Job, this is the job that I have always wanted...and before I know it, these babies are going to have a family of their own , and not need me anymore, so I Will soak it all in....and escape for Girls nights out monthly :)
 I am so LUCKY!

3 comments:

Jody said...

I totally know what you mean! So happy for you, and so happy to have you in the family and that you've brought those two gorgeous babies into this world.

I'm all in for margaritas anytime you want. :)

Sandy said...

Enjoy... life and growing children pass so quickly. savor the moments.

happileah said...

Glad you're soaking it all in! Sometimes it's hard to stop & enjoy the moment.