YOUR DRIVING ME BANANAS! Is one of the phrases I use often in this house to a quirky little girl.
She has exhausted all interest in Thomas now and is really acting up. TERRIBLE 3's sounds about right...that and the having to share attention with her little brother is making for very long days in this house.
Dear Kylie.
You will always be our princess...and the apple of our eye. But c'mon girl, cut your Brother a break. He doesn't like it when you try and stick his binkey in his eye..or when you rock him in his bouncer so hard that hes close to flying to the moon.
Love Mommy
The past few weeks she has really noticed how much time I have to set aside for Thomas and she isn't having it. The other day I was in the kithcen and I hear her whispering to Thomas..."I don't love you" while he gazed at her with admiration and smiled so big. So I quickly sat her in time out and told her that, that hurts Thomas' feelings and that he loves her so much...all while she had a little smirk on her face. When ever I am holding Thomas she says..but Mommy I wanted to sit on your lap-First thing in the morning when we come downstairs, she quickly says OK Mommy put Thomas in his bouncy and lets play. Poor girl, I'm sure this is all normal..but its so EXHAUSTING trying to make everything fair and equal. While my heart breaks that I don't have the time I did with Kylie before...it Breaks for Thomas too..cause he needs my cuddles. Kylie is showing favoritism majorly to Scott, because he isn't the one who has to spend all the time feeding Thomas etc...so she figures...ha he likes me better.
I think its time for a Mommy and Kylie afternoon out. (Hope this eases some jealousy issues at least for a few hours)
I think its time for a Mommy and Kylie afternoon out. (Hope this eases some jealousy issues at least for a few hours)
By no means am I trying to slander my sweet girl in this blog... but I thought she would like to look back and read this when she is older :)
PS...Being a Parent is HARD!!!
4 comments:
Awww, you aren't saying anything bad about her! I remember the same thing when Reagan was little. It eases up the older they get. If you ever want to leave T here and take K out I am happy to watch him!
Parenting is the hardest yet most rewarding job there is! You are doing a Great job and it will get easier <3
Rae, I can totally relate! This is the hardest part of being a parent. You feel like you have to choose a child and then you feel guilty for not giving one the attention they need/want. Just keep doing what you are doing -- you are a GREAT mommy and Kylie is lucky to have two parents who can share the responsibilities and give her and Thomas love and attention.
We went through the same thing with Zach and it is SO much better now. So just be patient and use your sippy cup. :)
follow your instincts!! you are doing a great job..
Post a Comment