CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Family

This Blog is long overdue, And I have several more updates to catch up on.
.
We are so Thankful for our family and so gratfull that they come visit us as often as they do...I know its alot of time and money spent to make the trip and we appreiciate it so much.
The month of August was a busy month for us, we had three weeks in a row of family visiting, at first I was stressed out a little bit...Im not goinng to lie :) I like to make sure that everyone has their favorite foods and like to make our house as comfortable as possiable for everyone...well that went out the window now that I have two kids to take care of. I have now learned to let everyone help themselves and am not to concerned about entertaining them and just go with the flow. And we all have fun!

The first week we had my Dad and Step Mom come for a visit...
It was great... They spent a long weekend here... and helped Celebrate Kylies Birthday a litle early.. they gave her a new "car" that she LOVES... She still needs a little practice driving it...but we will get there by the time she is 16 :) They also made her cupcakes...(they sure know the way to this girls heart)
I really loved seeing my Dad intereact with the kids. Kylie reminds me of myself a little bit and I know how much I looked up to my Dad when I was little.








The second group of visitors was Kevin and Zachary... I was super excited that they were coming...and sad that Jody and Lucas couldn't make it... but understand how hard it is to manage to travel with two kids. Kylie and Zachary were so excited to see each other. I thought for sure that it would take a little time to warm up to each other since they hadn't seen one another since last Thanksgiving...but they had the biggest smiles on their face and hugged instantly.

The day after Kevin and Zach came... Grammy surprised everyone.. (I knew she was coming and kept the first secret that I have ever kept) :) She took a taxi to the house on Friday morning and I let Scott get the door... :) It was great to have her here...to help celebrate Kylie's Birthday.


Kevin and Zachs flight got pushed out two days because of Hurricane Irene moving up the east cost, so they were here until Tuesday...and then Tuesday night we headed to the lake to get ready for Leah, Joe and the Boys. (and My Mom came too)

Wed we spent the day getting ready for the crew. I was SO EXCITED to have them at the lake! I always wished that they would come.. I knew the boys would have so much fun going on the boat, tubing etc. Ben and Sarah joined us too. We had such a good time and will remember this forever. My Mom was hoot, swimming in the lake! Up until this point I didn't know my Mom could even swim.

Now that everyone is gone, I REALLY miss them, having that many people back to back I really got used to having everyone around...and I'm really sad. In a perfect world there would be a machine that could zap us to each place with in minutes.


Thanks everyone for such great memories- We love you! There is nothing like Family!

2 comments:

Jody said...

So sweet! I love that pic of Kylie and Zach. xo

Natasha said...

I totally agree about wishing we could be zapped to our families houses!